Mockingbird Station began in 1926 as a Western Electric manufacturing facility. The first phase of the warehouse was built in 1948, with a second phase following in 1957. This old warehouse is the first three floors of the loft building.
Mockingbird Station includes over 200,000 square feet of retail and restaurant in the converted warehouse and adjacent new construction. 211 loft apartments and office space, along with adjacency to a DART station, make this mixed-use project a self-contained transit oriented community.
Mockingbird Station was recognized for design excellence by the Dallas Chapter American Institute of Architects, the Greater Dallas Planning Council, and by Preservation Dallas with a Preservation Achievement Award. Mockingbird Station was included in an exhibit focusing on transit oriented developments at the National Building Museum in Washington, DC.